GIRLS program is looking for volunteers like you to assist with providing fun, engaging enrichment activities in the areas of girls recreational basketball, running, and soccer, leadership development and more.
- Assist with drills and programming during GIRLS Program, 6:00- 8:00pm Wednesdays; 2:00 – 5:00pm Sundays
- Deliver group sports activities including but not limited to basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc.
- Teach members about and model good sportsmanship
- Ensure that members know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Maintain gym equipment
- Conduct daily check of the area and equipment for safety, cleanliness
- Participate enthusiastically in all gym activities, planning and leading those activities as assigned
- Willing to coach/score keep/ or officiate basketball games
- Communicate with leadership staff regarding progress of youth
- Supervise and work with in small groups with youth ages 12-19.
- Assist with taking attendance by signing all program participants in.
- Experience working with youth programming preferred.
Essential Volunteer Requirements
- Ability to provide direct service work for school age (6- 12th grade) youth and create a positive, safe and nurturing environment for all youth registered for the GIRLS program.
- Applicants should be available a minimum of 1 day per week, on a consistent 10 week basis, 2 days a week is preferred.
- Additional programming opportunities may be available.
- Post‐secondary coursework with a minimum of two (2) completed courses in child development, education, recreation or closely related field, appreciated. (or)
- Three months of work experience or programming for youth (ages 12- 19) in community type setting.
- Must be 18 years or older.